Submit your video in the highest quality available. Learn more.
- Apple ProRes 422 & 422 HQ (not LT, Proxy, 4444, XQ or any other)
- Avid DNxHR (SQ & up)
- Avid DNxHD (min. 145 for 1080p, 80 for 720p, 60 for SD)
- H.264, min. 2 MBit/s for SD, 15 MBit/s for HD, 50 MBit/s for UHD/4k.
- DV, DVCAM, DVCPRO and variants
Title must meet Filmhub’s Compression Requirements. Learn More.
mov, mp4, mpg/mpeg, ts, mkv, and ogg. Max 600GB file size.
- Max. 2 sec before/after program. No color bars, slate, MPAA/FBI cards, test-tone, pre-roll, post-roll.
- No burnt-in subtitles. (Exception: Trailer - see below.)
- Not interlaced. Learn more.
- No blended frames, ghosting. Learn more.
- No padding, letterboxing, pillarboxing.
- No URLs or promos (e.g. websites, Facebook, coming soon dates, available to download)
- Square pixels. Learn more.
Width min. 640 pixels. Original resolution. Do not upscale or downscale.
Original framerate: 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97 or 30. Do not convert, only exception: do convert 59.97/60 fps to 29.97/30 fps.
Chapter & Ad Breaks
- Chapter and Ad Breaks are required and only apply to the main video (not to trailers or other videos).
- There are typically 10-12 chapters for a feature-length title (one chapter every ~10 minutes).
- For Single Works - No ad breaks in the first or last 10 minutes.
- For Series - No ad breaks in the first or last 5 minutes.
While editing your title:
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the video file you want to add breaks to.
- From here you should be able to add time codes for ad breaks under “Chapters & Ad Breaks”.
- Chapter 1 always starts at timecode 00:00:00:00.
- Then enter the hours, minutes, seconds, and frames of the timestamp. Ex: HR:MN:SC:FF
- Label the breaks for easy understanding of where they happen in your film.
- It is best to place an ad break after a scene's end or before a major lighting change.
- Try to avoid placing ad breaks in the middle of a monologue, dialogue, or action sequence.
Each Chapter has three fields:
- Name - name of the chapter.
- Time - timecode of the start point of the chapter. It's also the time location where the advertisement break is inserted.
- Thumbnail Time: timecode of the thumbnail. The frame at this exact time location is used as the thumbnail image for this chapter on some streaming services.
- PCM: min. 48 kHz 16 Bit
- AC-3, AAC or MP3: min. 128 kbps (stereo)
Single or multi-stream 2-Channel Stereo.
When you have more than 2 audio channels, stereo Lt Rt must be present and audio layout should be entered in the Description field of the video.
In addition to the requirements above (Codec, Resolution, etc.):
- Burned-in English subtitles for non-English dialog required
- Max. 6 min, recommended 2:30 or less (you can also upload multiple trailers)