Here is a complete and simplified timeline from when you submit a title to when you get paid.
- Submit a title - You finish uploading videos and other required assets, fill out metadata fields in our app, and submit your title. See our Submitting to QC articles for more info, starting with our Basic Checklist.
- Filmhub QC (Quality Control) - Filmhub checks your submission to make sure the files are technically sufficient. A title usually passes QC within 7-10 days if all the files and metadata meet our requirements. See our Waiting for QC to Be Completed article for more info.
- Marketplace listing - After passing QC, your title becomes available in our global marketplace. We cannot tell you how long it will take for your title to be licensed by a channel or how many channels will license your title; each title is different. However, all titles on Filmhub are being promoted by our system to new and existing buyers. See our How Filmhub Markets Your Film article for more info.
- Delivery - When a channel licenses your title, we process, package and deliver all the assets to their specs. Your dashboard will be updated to show that your title has been "Selected" by a channel. The process happens automatically and usually finishes within a few days. Once we deliver a complete asset package to a channel, the status of that title will change to "Delivered". See our Monitoring Title Status article for more info.
- Go-live - After a title is delivered, the the channel goes through its internal processes to present your title to its users. This process is entirely out of Filmhub's hands, and the go live time varies from channel to channel. This process can take anywhere from 48 hours to 8 weeks and sometimes even longer. Unfortunately, channels do not report to us when a title goes "live."
- Channel reporting - Channels report earnings and performance stats to Filmhub after a title starts generating revenue. The amount of data and the reporting frequency varies from channel to channel. We update your Performance Insights with all data we obtain from channels. See our Performance article for more info.
- Channel payment - Channels pay Filmhub after the title starts generating revenue. The time that it takes for a channel to pay Filmhub varies from channel to channel. See our Earnings Overview article for more info.
- Filmhub pays you - Filmhub collects, audits, and processes payments from all the channels. We take 20% and post 80% to your Earnings. See our Transfer Basics article for more info.