See Amazon Prime Video's marketing & promotion guidelines
Amazon Prime Video has very strict guidelines on how you can promote your title on their service. Please follow these guidelines as if you do not, your title may get taken down by Amazon and they can pursue legal action against you. Here are their guidelines from their site:
Marketing Criteria Checklist
The following checklist provides a summary of the best practices/prohibited Marketing Guidelines. Complete this checklist and include a screenshot in your submission to PVD-PR@amazon.com prior to publishing any ads or social media post. See Press Releases for more information.
- Only successfully published Prime Video titles may be marketed using Amazon Marks. Don't release any ads until your title is live on Prime Video.
- Drive traffic directly to your page via retrieving the ASIN and posting the URL in your marketing campaigns.
- Use the Prime Video logo and lockups accurately. It's very important to use the appropriate branding and trademarks when you promote your content and/or notify your audience that your titles are available on Prime Video. Indicate availability on Prime Video, only with approved messaging in conjunction with the Prime Video primary logo. For a list of approved CTAs and lockups, see the Prime Video Logos & Usage Guide.
- Follow all Trademark Guidelines and the Prime Video Logos & Usage Guide when using Amazon trademarks.
- Leverage your network — encourage your audience to review the video. Amazon reviews are a great way for potential viewers to learn more about your title.
Press Releases, Marketing, and Social Media Guidelines
The following guide provides helpful tips and suggestions for the promotion of your title to effectively drive engagement and success for your content on Prime Video Direct, Amazon’s self-publishing service.
Only titles that have already successfully published to Prime Video may be marketed using Amazon Marks. Pre-promotion of titles not yet live on Prime Video is prohibited (e.g., not "Available on Prime Video Fall 2021").
Prime Video branding and Amazon Marks are permitted only for digital marketing on social media and web and only to promote the availability of your title on the service.
All press releases and media pitches mentioning Amazon must be submitted to PVD-PR@amazon.com for approval before release and must follow the PR guidelines. Please allow 10 business days for review.
Promotion on social media and on your website are effective ways to drive engagement and increase exposure to your content. We encourage you to engage with your preexisting audience and notify them of your title’s availability on Prime Video. Refer to the Prime Video Logos & Usage Guide for logo- and brand-usage requirements.
Drive traffic directly to your page via retrieving the ASIN and posting the URL in your marketing campaigns.
Use the Prime Video logo and lockups accurately. It's very important to use the appropriate branding and trademarks when you promote your content and/or notify your audience that your titles are available on Prime Video. Indicate availability on Prime Video, only with approved messaging in conjunction with the Prime Video primary logo. For a list of approved CTAs and lockups, see the Prime Video Logos & Usage Guide.
Leverage your network — encourage your audience to review the film. Amazon reviews are a great way for potential viewers to learn more about your title.
Retrieving the ASIN
You can add direct links to your Prime Video detail pages to your website or marketing materials. Your title has a unique Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN) in each published territory and requires a different link for each location.
- Go to an Amazon website corresponding to where your video is published.
- Search for your video by title name.
- Open the video's detail page by clicking the title.
- In your web browser's address bar, look for the 10-character ASIN after /dp/ in the URL. For example, if you see https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I3MPZUW, copy B00I3MPZUW. Don’t copy any other characters before and after the ASIN.
- Add the ASIN to the matching location URL as shown below, in place of the letters.
Note: For episodic titles, ASINs are available for a season, but not an episode.
- Use Amazon trademarks for self-promotion outside of social media and your websites. (Printed advertisements are prohibited.)
- Use Amazon trademarks as verbs (e.g., "Just Prime it") or as a pun (e.g. Fire up your content selection with Prime Video).
- Use Amazon trademarks in possessive or plural (e.g., "Fire TV’s capabilities"; instead, use "Capabilities of Fire TV").
- Position third-party logos directly alongside Amazon logos or trademarks unless explicitly authorized by Amazon.
- Refer to Prime Video Direct as the destination to view your content. Remember, Prime Video Direct is the business-facing distribution service and is not a viewing destination.
To optimize visibility on IMDb and Prime Video, make sure that the cast, director, and title details are accurate and up to date. Also, upload photos, trailers, and other bonus content you have available. To do so, sign into your IMDb account and at the bottom of the title’s IMDb page, click Edit page.
Additional instructions are available to create a new IMDb page.