How to request a scheduled release date for your title
In this guide:
- What is a Scheduled Release Date
- Important Information to Note
- Channels that Support Scheduled Release Dates
- Requesting a Scheduled Release with Filmhub
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Scheduled Release Date
Filmhub prioritizes pitching a title to select Channels and notifying them of the intended release dates.
A Scheduled Release Date covers up to two release dates for the title; one transactional and one for subscription/advertising services. Setting two different dates is optional and should only be done if a significant marketing budget ($100K+) is being allocated to the transactional window for the release.
Having a scheduled release date helps producers coordinate marketing efforts to maximize the impact of their campaigns. Pre-sale links can be obtained for select Channels to drive additional marketing to the title prior to the release.
Filmhub is not able to guarantee that the Channel will license the title as it must meet their programming and content requirements and, ultimately, is at their discretion.
Important Information to Note
- You must notify Filmhub of the Scheduled Release Date prior to submitting your title.
- The title must pass Filmhub's Quality Control (QC) at least 75 days ahead of the scheduled release date with all required information.
- Title must be a Movie or Show (shorts are not currently supported.)
- Filmhub will guarantee to notify the Channels of the release date but cannot guarantee that the Channel will license the title or adhere to the requested date (sometimes their operations slip.)
- One scheduled release date covers two release dates for a title (one transactional and one subscription/advertising) which must be set in the title's Avails prior to submitting to QC.
Channels that Support Scheduled Release Dates
- Amazon Prime Video
- Apple TV - for Movies only
- YouTube Movies & TV and Google TV (Buy or Rent) - additional $500 charge
Advertising & Subscription Services:
Requesting a Scheduled Release with Filmhub
Subscribers to Distribution Pro receive one (1) scheduled release date title per year included for free in their plan. For non-plan subscribers, the rate for scheduled release dates can be found on our Professional Services page.
To request a scheduled release date for your title, submit a request through the Scheduled Release Date form. Once you submit the form, a member of our acquisitions team will reach out to help coordinate.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I request a scheduled release date for my title?
- To request a scheduled release date for your title, submit a request through the Scheduled Release Date form. Once you submit the form, a member of our acquisitions team will reach out to help coordinate.
Will paying for a scheduled release date guarantee my title is licensed to these Channels?
- Filmhub can never guarantee that a specific Channel will license a title. Each Channel has its own content requirements (which you can review on the Filmhub Channel Partners page) and discretion to accept or reject titles that we pitch to them.
Does my title need to be a new release to utilize the Scheduled Release Date service?
- Nope! As long as the title has not been released to the Channels included in the service, it can be included in a Scheduled Release Date.